Below are additional resources for planning, launching, and implementing a policy effort in your community.
- The View Policy Efforts by State section describes current healthy food access policy initiatives and features a searchable map and filter to learn what’s happening in your region.
- The Food Trust’s Healthy Food Financing Handbook describes how to work with local partners to initiate policy efforts.
- For information about regions that have used a task force process to implement fresh food retail policy changes, go to The Food Trust’s Supermarket Campaign website.
- Part of the Casey Foundation issue brief series co-authored by PolicyLink, An Equitable Food System: Good for Families, Communities, and the Economy, offers a succinct summary of why an equitable food system is important, and describes challenges, policy strategies, and additional resources.
- The Voices for Healthy Kids’ Online Toolkit aims to support local and state groups in developing advocacy campaigns, specifically to plan, develop, and launch a local or state healthy food financing program. Check out additional resources at the Voices for Healthy Kids Action Center.
- The report, How to Build a Policy Effort, describes the fundamentals of how to build an initiative in your community.